- This event has passed.
New Years Eve in Transylvania
29 December 2019 – Sunday
– arrival in the afternoon, reception with plum brandy
– accommodation and dinner at hosts
30 December 2019 – Monday – breakfast at the hosts
– participation at a traditional pig killing
– trip to the the picturesque valley of the Stanciu stream and the Vălul Miresei waterfall
– free program in the afternoon
– joint dinner: meal prepared from fresh pork, live folk music and folk dance show
31 December 2019 – Tuesday – breakfast at the hosts
– excursion to Văleni, visiting a fortified church from the 13th century, with painted wooden ceiling
– trip with horse-drawn wagon or sleigh around the village (depending on wheather conditions), tasting mulled wine
– New Years Eve service in the reformed church
– Festive New Years Eve dinner with music and dance till morning
1 January 2020 – Wednesday – breakfast at the hosts
– service in the Reformed Church
– afternoon walk in the village – visiting the local sights
– dinner at hosts, then after party at Püspök Guesthouse
2 January 2020 – Thursday
– breakfast at the hosts
– Excursion to the valley of the Someş river: Beliş- dam and reservoir
Price: 200 eur/pers.
– accomodation, half board ( with traditional Hungarians cuisine)
– pig killing dinner on 30th of December, festive New Years’ Eve dinner and music
– the ride with the horse-drawn carriage or sleigh
– guide services
– Single room charge + 22 EUR/ person, charge for children (up to 10 years) 140 EUR / pers
– Requested in advance, lunch or lunch package are also available, which is paid separately.
– the accommodation and meals are provided by Hungarian families’ pensions in Sâncraiu. There are usually two rooms by pension, and one bathroom belonging to two rooms.
– during their trips the tourists travel by their own vehicles. On request you can rent a minibus or a jeep
– program may change depending on weather conditions
– the 6 km distance between Răchiţele village and Vălul Miresei waterfall can be covered on foot or by car, on forest road. Please, bring proper clothing and footware.